Photo from Defamer.com
- After the fall of the economic dream bubble, the death of Bernie Mac and Estelle Getty and Madge deciding to divorce whats-his name – SOMETHING ACTUALLY GOOD HAPPENED THIS YEAR .
- America finally got fired up about something, and in my friend Brie’s words, “How can we ever doubt our abilities to do something? How can we refuse to deny ourselves anything ever again?”
- People in other countries have to stop with that “But they were stupid enough to vote for George Bush TWICE, line.“The Brits on Obama Story”
- New Yorkers find YET another reason to scream and honk in the streets at 12am. Click for The Brooklyn Blog to see photos .
- While voting in Obama, Massachusetts citizens did some multi-tasking and said yes to Question 2 – Decriminalizing the ownership of less than 1 ounce of marijuana – SERIOUSLY, you still gotta pay a fine though! ouch.(DAILYKOS , and Boston.Com) Can’t say Californians are so good with those questions…they voted to ban gay marriage….huh? were they ON something? Marijuana? from Massachusetts?errr…
- Senator John McCain still looks like a smart, tough dude, and most people will attempt to forget all the mudslinging in the next 4 years. In his concession speech –
“Tonight — tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Sen. Obama, I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and who will be my president.” (click for The Speech on NPR)
- Amanda Jones , who was born the daughter of a former slave in 1899, lived long enough to vote for an African American. See what happens in only 1 generation? We’re thinking by the time we’re 100…I don’t know…the USA joins the European Union?
- The Democrats now hold a majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives, and whether you’re Dem or Republican, we at least don’t have to listen to all those lame-ass excuses as to why politicians can’t do stuff.
- I just got back from living in France for 5 months, and I can say to all my friends and family over there…YES, America IS pretty damn cool. SHO NUFF! (This list is just opinion, add yours or comment below)
- And Tina Fey showed, once again, that the power of comedy really can sway a nation .